This Page

has been moved to new address

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Reveries and Soliloquies: Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

Reveries and Soliloquies

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun

Sometimes you just need a fun girls night out, and Saturday was that night for me. My very close friend Melissa invited me to see Mamma Mia with her and her mother knowing how addicted I am to musicals (Glee anyone?). We spent the evening singing, shimmying, and generally shaking our grove thang with abandon to ABBA songs.

Afterwards I caught myself grinning unconsciously on the metro the whole way home, probably causing other metro patrons to think that I was three sheets to the wind. But no, I was just happy to have a date with some girlfriends. And that got me to thinking.

I do not have to be in a relationship to go on dates. Just because I am single does not mean that I have to be a homebody (as I can sometimes be guilty of). Why can't I take myself on a date or have a girls date night with some close friends? Single does not have to be mean lonely, so this is my challenge to all you single gals: Take this time of singledom (singleness?) to discover new hobbies, pastimes, and adventures. Just think-when you do meet "The One," you will have all that more to share and talk about :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home