This Page

has been moved to new address

Seattle, My Tastebuds Thank You (Part 1)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Reveries and Soliloquies: Seattle, My Tastebuds Thank You (Part 1)

Reveries and Soliloquies

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Seattle, My Tastebuds Thank You (Part 1)

If I am not careful, this blog is going to turn into a foodie's travelling chronicles. Last weekend I was in Seattle for the Women of Faith conference, and unavoidably, when you feed your soul your stomach starts to growl. By an act of God (and the Seattle Festival planning committee) there was an army of food trucks parked outside Key Arena at lunch time. This was a no-brainer. The sun was shining on a perfectly crisp autumn day and the pavilion was just calling our name. 
I now understand the phenomenon testified to on shows like Eat St. We don't have food trucks like this in Vancouver so mom and I decided to forgo the questionable chicken sandwiches offered in the conference lunch box and indulge in some mobile cuisine.
After some life changing deliberation we decided to try the pulled pork and pulled chicken sandwiches from Raney Brothers. 
 And eat them here.
 I think Mom's face says it all.
Out of town conferences usually mean early mornings and long days, so I was in desperate need of caffeine by the lunch break...Unfortunately, so were 5000 other women. Seattle is the land of amazing independent coffee shops (along with being the birthplace of Starbucks) so I wanted some quality brew. Enter Boyd's Coffee Fuel Truck. After downing an aromatic hazelnut latte at a ridiculously low price, my only though was "Starbucks who?"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home