This Page

has been moved to new address

Seattle, My Tastebuds Thank You (Part 2)

Sorry for inconvenience...

Redirection provided by Blogger to WordPress Migration Service
Reveries and Soliloquies: Seattle, My Tastebuds Thank You (Part 2)

Reveries and Soliloquies

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Seattle, My Tastebuds Thank You (Part 2)

Sunday morning we slept in until 7:30 and decided to spend the morning exploring Pike Place Market (yes, the place they throw fish). At 8:00am the city was still covered in a fine blanket of misty fog, the streets void of its usual hustle and bustle, but the air was charged with venders setting up shop in anticipation for the masses that would descend in a couple of hours. 

Le Panier Very French Bakery

Whenever I am homesick for Montreal, this is where I will come. When you step over the threshold of Le Panier, your senses are assaulted by the sweet smelling pastries, fragrant coffee, wildly gesturing French expats, and the rustic setting of an authentic boulangerie and patisserie. Probably the best coffee and viennoiseries on the West Coast and for a moment I forgot where I was and just embraced the ambiance. 
(cafe au lait avec cannelle, chocalatine, amandine)
 Serious Pie

I was first introduced to Serious Pie last summer when I came to Seattle for the day with my Dad. Now, no trip to Seattle is complete without a pit stop. In fact, we ordered a potato pizza to take home to Vancouver because we felt for poor dad who had to endure my raving text messages. Strolling around the market and Nordstrom Rack builds an appetite so we were relieved to find Serious Pie lacking its signature hour wait. Our last hurrah to Girls Weekend was two thin crust brick oven pizzas that make this Italian girl bow in reverence to the chef. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home